Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Spiritual/Character Goal

Jean’s Character and Spiritual Goal

Wisdom is the way to live without regrets.
When looking back through my past regrets, I always end up wishing to be wiser. I was and still am a “short” thinker. Many of my mistakes were carelessly made which majority could have been prevented if I had thought before my action a little more. One of the mistakes came from being a malicious, selfish sister to my baby brother back home. Too lazy to watch my brother rip pages out of advertisements in the magazines, I left him alone in the living room. Then, about a minute later, I heard a big cry coming from the doorway. He had bumped his head on the hard, wooden floor trying to crawl into my room. I was devastated at how selfish I was. I regretted for my insensitive behavior which was really hard to forgive.
To prevent this kind of foolish acts, I decided to become more wise, thinking and acting cleverly. Before I make decisions, I should double-think, making sure that I don’t end up regretting again. I should also care about others before me. What helped me to set my goal were some verses in the Holy Bible. It reads “Wisdom will save you from the ways of wicked men, from men whose words are perverse, who leave the straight paths to walk in dark ways, who delight in doing wrong and rejoice in the perverseness of evil, whose paths are crooked and who are devious in their ways (NIV Prov. 2:12-15)". By reading this verse, I was able to promise myself to accomplish my goal to be wiser no matter how long it takes.

Citation

Holy Bible, New International Version. Colorado Springs: International Bible Society, 1984.

No comments: